Evaporative coolers are in demand. Especially, a cooler like Portacool Cyclone 3000 is one of the most efficient and environmentally friendly machine which fulfills cooling needs during hot summer months.
An Evaporative Cooler like Portacool Cyclone 3000 is also known as ‘Swamp Cooler’, ‘Swamp Box’, and ‘Desert Cooler’.
It is a perfect solution for those who think keeping the indoor environment cool is an expensive task. It is not only cost-effective alternative but also healthy, and eco-friendly.
How Does It Work?
Before we reveal the latent features of Portacool Cyclone 3000 review, first it is pertinent to perceive how an evaporative cooler works.
Unlike typical air conditioning systems, an evaporative cooler uses vapor compression or absorption refrigeration cycles.
In other words, it cools air through the evaporation of water. Though it is one of the best cooling options in the market and uses much less energy than refrigeration, it is not very effective in all the climates.
Therefore, before investing in this product, there are a few things you must keep in mind.
- If you live in a hot, dry environment, this is the best option for you.
- In case you are concerned about environmental effects, it is ecologically friendly.
- It doesn’t perform well during the rainy period or in humid climates.
- It is, in reality, a basic air filter system only, in a way, it can airborne irritants.
- In case you aren’t buying it from a reputable company, water leakage can happen.
- Some conventional design’s ceiling outlets should be fitted well with covers.
- Evaporative coolers can’t be used in the freezing temperatures.
- It always requires water, depending on the size of the cooler, to keep pads wet.
- It is pertinent to open window or doors to create some airflow in the home.
- It is not an ideal option for those with asthma or respiratory problems.
Portacool Cyclone 3000 Portable Evaporative Cooler
Just like most other evaporative coolers, Portacool Cyclone 3000 is also suitable in dry, hot conditions. Especially, if you live in the Southwest U.S., it is an ideal machine for you, which provides effective, affordable cooling when it is hot.
The reason why experts recommend this product is it is an immensely powerful machine with innovative design and extraordinary features.
Once you install in your home and get out of it for some reason, you feel like getting out of a chill swimming pool on a hot day. The constant flow of cool, fresh air makes you feel like you are residing in a cold climate.
You start relishing even the most uncomfortable environments.
If you are still on the verge of making a decision, no issue. Here are some exceptional features of Portacool Cyclone 300 that will compel you to invest in it.
Effective For Large Rooms:
Do you live in a lavish, big home? Well, this evaporative cooler is very effective for large rooms. It is indeed best for rooms within 500-700 square feet range.
Other than that, the airflow has an incredible capacity too – 2,400/3,000 CFM. It is a lot better than many other coolers in the market.
Water Transportation Method:
It has two special methods of water transportation for cooling the pads. The heart of these cooling systems is the KUUL pad. The water evaporates in it and the air passes through it as well. This system is immensely effective and keeps its entire operation efficient and professional in the long run.
16-gallon reservoir in the bottom of Portacool Cyclone 3000 is a lot larger than your expectations. Even the top-rated evaporative coolers don’t offer this kind of feature in order to stay portable. However, this product isn’t only portable but also provides enough space for water due to its innovative design.
Cools Up To 30 Degree Fahrenheit:
This feature is according to the average standards of the industry. It doesn’t matter whether you are living in ideal conditions or rough conditions, 30 degrees Fahrenheit is more than enough to keep you calm and relaxed. You will relish its excellent performance in the entire room.
Two Fan Speeds:
The Portacool Cyclone 3000 Portable Evaporative Cooler also has two fan speed features. The first speed delivers air at 2,400 cubic feet per minute. This is specifically for those who prefer moderate airflow while sleeping. On the other hand, the second speed is the higher speed that delivers 3,000 cubic feet per minute.
Product Information & Specifications
- This evaporative cooler is manufactured by Portacool brand.
- Dimensions of this cooler are 38 X 30 X 29 inches.
- It weighs around 108 pounds.
- This product is available on in the black color.
- There is a 1-year warranty on its parts by the Company.
- It requires 120 Volts to perform well even in rough conditions.
- Replacements parts are included in the package.
- It has a convenient 3/4-inch water hose connection for longer running.
- It comes utterly assembled, ready-to-operate.
- This machine is made of rust-free, leak-proof molded polyethylene housing.
Are There Any Possible Issues?
Well, if you are concerned about its performance, there isn’t any issue at all. In reality, it will exceed your expectations and work in the long-term proficiently.
Your investment is 100% safe.
However, there are some users in the market who say the company should have used another material instead of molded polyethylene. But we believe the main aim behind its usage was to make it leak-proof, as most other evaporate coolers leak after some time.
The best thing about Cyclone 3000 is it has a low-cost to operate and requires little maintenance. You don’t have to burn the holes in your pockets time and time again to keep it in the top-notch condition.
Some experts think it is a tad expensive and you can buy a portable AC for this price, which is true in a way. Though, as we have said earlier, the main aim behind this product is to save on your energy bill which you can’t do with a portable air conditioner.